Community Guide &
Passionate One-on-One Support
Days and times vary depending on your availability!
MHC has two programs that offer one-on-one support to members with a variety of goals, needs, interests and passions: Recreation Mentoring or Community Guide/Engagement. Program selection and placement is based off of availability and overall need. Community Guide/Engagement basics:
- A DDA funded program that pairs a MHC Community Engagement/Guide provider with a member in order to introduce community resources and create lasting relationships. Funding is either through IFS or Basic Plus Waiver.
- The member will meet with their case manager and MHC Community Engagement/Guide provider to develop goals and strategies to connect them to community resources.
- The community partnerships developed will help the member to learn skills that will facilitate their integration into the community.
- Intended to be a short-term service where the provider helps to build recreational partnerships and then fades away as relationships are built.
Examples of goals may be to:
- Connect with a pickleball community and join their league.
- Create an open-mic event at a local record store to bring in business and get the word out about upcoming shows.
- Volunteer with the public library by distributing books to “tiny libraries” in businesses in the community.