Looking to be an Intern?
Interested in Human Services, Special Education, Recreation, or Non-profit Management? Intern with the Max Higbee Center! You will gain real-world skills while creating a real impact for individuals of all abilities.
As part of the the Max Higbee Center’s internship programs, college students and developing professionals just like you put information learned in the classroom to work to expand professional experience and knowledge. Here they acquire knowledge about their field of study and gain on-the-job experience working for a non-profit organization. Internships can range anywhere from direct service in our programs to helping with fundraising and administrative tasks. Interns may be currently enrolled, recent graduates (within last four years) or experienced professionals looking to gain exposure to a new career or field.
The Max Higbee Center is located at 1400 N State St #101, Bellingham WA 98225
- Commitment to a positive, fun and team-oriented working environment
- Working knowledge of Max Higbee Center policies and procedures (upon training)
- Completion of a Washington State background check
- Awareness of safety and risk management
- Must be able to follow directions – and ask questions for clarification if needed!
- Must be able to treat people with respect and demonstrate age appropriate interactions
- Must be able to support and represent MHC’s mission and values
Our internships are very flexible and can accommodate your schedule and internship requirements.
This is an unpaid internship, however all interns are trained as staff and may be asked to clock on for staff coverage at times. Benefits include access to training, flexible hours, and the opportunity to gain meaningful experience in an adaptive recreation setting.
Apply for an Internship
If you are interested in an internship, please send a copy of your cover letter and current resume. In the cover letter, please clearly describe which internship you would like to apply for, how the internship will benefit your career and the period of time you are available.
Application material should be sent to:
c/o Max Higbee Center
1400 N State St #101
Bellingham, WA 98225